PPID Law Student Visas F1 and M1

NYC F1 and M1 Student Visa Lawyer

PPID helps students to obtain Visas which allow them study as a full-time student in the United States

Our attorneys provide online, face-to-face legal consultations. Establishing a relationship and clearly understanding your needs is a critical first step toward success.

We speak Spanish, Chinese, Bulgarian, Russian, Hindi, Punjabi, and more. We go above and beyond to make sure that language is never a barrier between us and our clients.

Details on Obtaining F and M Student Visas in New York

  • F-1 Student Visa – (Academic Student) Allows entry to the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program. The student must be enrolled in a program or course of study that results in earning a degree, diploma, or certificate and the school must be authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.
  • M-1 Student Visa – (Vocational Student) Includes students in vocational or other nonacademic programs.  Does not include language training.

For both F-1 and M-1 students, any off-campus training or employment must be related to their area of study and must be authorized prior to starting any work by the Designated School Official (the person authorized to maintain the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)) and USCIS.

PPID provides legal guidance for students and parents who wish to obtain a U.S. Student Visa.

PPID Office Locations
New York City

250 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, New York 10007
Toll Free: 800-223-2814
Local: 212-233-8100
Fax: 212-233-9238


1045 Park Street, Suite 104
Peekskill, New York 10566
Toll Free: 800-223-2814
Local: 914-328-2400
Fax: 212-233-9238