J1 Visa for Exchange Visitors

PPID attorneys help Exchange Visitors determine eligibility for a J1 Visa.

Exchange Visitor (J) visas are nonimmigrant visas for individuals approved to participate in exchange visitor programs in the United States.

Administered by the Department of State, the J-1 Visa Program aims to offer participants an excellent opportunity to receive training and acquire valuable skills for their future careers. This program allows individuals to experience American culture while enhancing their English language abilities.

J1 Visa for Exchange Visitors Categories:

  • Au pair and EduCare
  • Camp Counselor
  • Government Visitor
  • Intern
  • International Visitor (Dept. of State use)
  • Physician
  • Professor and Research Scholar
  • Short-term Scholar
  • Specialist
  • Student, college/university
  • Secondary Student
  • Summer Work Travel
  • Teacher
  • Trainee

Each category has unique eligibility requirements, duration, and restrictions on repeat participation. For those looking to undergo training in a specific field or occupation with a U.S. employer, the J-1 visa can be a promising option.

Applicants must prove no intent of immigrating to the US, and will depart from the country following the completion of their training.

Unlock boundless opportunities to train, learn, and embrace American culture with the J-1 visa program. Contact our experienced immigration lawyers today to navigate the diverse range of J programs and embark on a transformative journey towards your future career success.

Our Immigration Law practice helps unite family & colleagues.

We provide guidance on all Immigration Law challenges including: Family, Employment, Removal Defense, Citizenship & more. We have offices in Manhattan and Peekskill, New York.

We’re here to help. Scheduling a consultation or getting case feedback is easy.